BUD LIGHT and RUFFLES “WEEKEND GETAWAY SWEEPSTAKES” (the “Contest”)
Official Rules (the “Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be legal drinking age and a resident of Canada to participate. During the contest period, consumers can look inside specially-marked cases of Bud Light, available at participating stores across Canada, while supplies last, for a unique Budweiser PIN code (the “PIN”) or can scan a QR code (the “QR Code”) found on specially-marked 6x473mL cases at participating LCBO stores in Ontario, while supplies last, to access a contest entry form or can use a UPC code from participating Ruffles® products (the “UPC”). See list of participating products in Rule 4. For instructions on how to enter without purchase, see Rule 5. Contest starts on April 18, 2022, at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”), and Contest closes July 14, 2022, at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”)
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: This Contest is sponsored by Labatt Brewing Company Limited and PepsiCo Canada ULC (collectively the “Contest Sponsors”) and the Contest is being administered on behalf of the Contest Sponsors by Elite Digital Inc. (the “Administrator”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to residents of Canada who are legal drinking age, who are not an employee, contractor, agent or representative of the Contest Sponsors , or their affiliates, agencies, distribution companies, and who are not an employee of the applicable provincial liquor agencies, license control/boards and their licensees, retailers, or distributors (the “Provincial Liquor Authorities”), prize suppliers, the contest judge (collectively the “Contest Parties”), or a member of the immediate family (parent, spouse, sibling, child) of, or domiciled with any of the foregoing persons. The Provincial Liquor Authorities are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter which relates to this contest.
To be eligible, participants must have online access with a valid email address as of the date of their entry. Each unique PIN can only be entered once. A maximum of two (2) valid UPC codes, two (2) valid PIN codes OR two (2) valid QR Code entries may be entered per person per calendar day. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period between 12:00 am ET and 11:59:59 pm ET of the same day, except for the first day of the Contest which shall begin at 12:00 pm ET and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET of the same day. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the email address by an online service provider, Internet access provider or other organization responsible for assigning the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsors or the Administrator with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
If you participate via a mobile device, you may incur standard data charges from your wireless service provider. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such data charges. If you do not have Internet access via a personal computer, your local library or Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest starts on April 18, 2022, at 12:00 pm (noon) ET, and the Contest closes on July 14, 2022, at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Close Date”).
- PARTICIPATING PRODUCTS: During the Contest Period, consumers can look inside specially marked cases of Budweiser for a unique Bud Light PIN code. Specially marked cases may include the following and are only available while supplies last:
Participating Product Size Bud Light 30x355ml, 28x341ml (Ontario)
48x355ml, 12x355ml, 30x355ml, 24x355ml (Quebec)
24x355ml (British Columbia)
24x355ml (New Brunswick)
36x355ml (Nova Scotia)
36x355ml (Prince Edward Island)
During the Contest Period, consumers can scan the QR Code found on the following participating Budweiser products at participating LCBO stores in Ontario:
Participating Product Size Bud Light 6x473mL tall cans (Ontario)
During the Contest Period, consumers can use the UPC code found on the following participating Ruffles® products:
Ruffles® potato chips (any flavour/variety) Ruffles® Dips (any flavour) 180 g – 350 g 425 g
Collectively “Participating Products”.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Purchase is not required and does not enhance a person’s chances of winning. If you wish to enter the Contest without purchase, please visit https://winagetaway.com/npn-entry and complete the online form including your full name, email address, a one-hundred (100) or more word original essay answering the question “Why a cottage getaway is important to you?” and confirm you are of legal drinking age in your province or territory of residence and a resident of Canada. Limit of one (1) request per unique form submission. Limit of two (2) no purchase necessary requests per person per calendar day. Contest Administrator will validate the submission and, upon validation, will email you either a unique PIN or UPC (maximum 1 unique PINs and 1 UPCs per person per calendar day) that you can use to enter the Contest (the “No Purchase Entry”). Although online access and an email account are required in order to participate in the Contest; many public libraries, Internet cafés, retail businesses and others offer access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts. PINs are only available while supplies last.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period,
(i) Visit https://winagetaway.com and follow the instructions to enter the unique PIN or UPC from a Participating Product or a No Purchase Entry. An on-screen message will confirm the validity of your PIN or UPC; or (ii) Scan the QR code on select Participating Products to be brought to the QR code contest entry form.
You will then be required to fully complete and submit a Contest entry form in order for your entry to be valid. All valid entries will receive one (1) ballot for the Grand Prize draw (See Rule 8 for details about the grand prizes.)
All entries must be properly received and recorded by the Administrator’s computer within the Contest Period in order to be eligible to receive a ballot.
No other form of submitting an entry is valid other than as stated above. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. Participants may not enter with multiple email addresses, nor may participants use any other device to enter under multiple identities. Any participant who attempts to enter with m email addresses or accounts under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, in the Administrator’s sole discretion.
- HOW TO WIN: A random draw will be conducted on July 18, 2022 at 2:00 pm ET at 5511 Steeles Avenue West, Toronto, ON from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period to select fifty (50) entrants eligible to win a Grand Prize (see Rule 8) (the “Grand Prize Draw”). Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Entrants selected as eligible to win a Grand Prize will be notified by email within three (3) business days following the draw (the “Notification”). Please see the additional prize conditions in Rule 8 for conditions applicable to the Grand Prizes.
In the event there are less than fifty (50) entries received during the Contest Period, the Grand Prize Draw will be conducted only to select up to the amount of valid received entries while any other Grand Prizes will not be awarded. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsors for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter any Draw for any reason or for Grand Prizes that remain unclaimed or unawarded. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete No Purchase requests. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt.
See “How To Claim a Prize” for further information.
- PRIZES: There are fifty (50) Grand Prizes available to be won during the Contest Period (each, a “Grand Prize”), as described below). The approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is CAD$7,500 (seven-thousand five-hundred).
Once the total number of prizes have been distributed, no further prizes will be available. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitutions, except by the Contest Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Awarding of a prize is subject to verification and compliance with the Rules. Entrants who have not complied with the Rules will be disqualified. The Contest Sponsors make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any Prize once it has been delivered. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. The Contest Sponsors’ designated agent will contact confirmed winners to arrange prize booking details within 8 weeks after verification. Prize may be forfeited if fulfillment cannot be effected following reasonable efforts by Contest Sponsors.
The Contest Sponsors are not liable if travel is impeded or refused by any reason or decision of any governmental authorities (federal or provincial) or regional health authorities. Regional travel restrictions may apply. Consult local, provincial, state and federal guidelines for travel restrictions related to COVID-19 prior to travel
Grand Prize Details: Each Grand Prize consists of the following:
- A “Regional” weekend getaway for the winner and up to 3 (three) guests to be booked by the Contest Sponsors
- Defined as within the province of residence of the confirmed winner
- Winner’s guest must also be of legal drinking age
- Up to a maximum of 4 (four) nights at a cottage/camp/cabin/chalet
- Total cost of the accommodations booking not to exceed CAD$7,500
- No transportation is included
- Contest Parties will not take on the liability of private rentals
- The accommodations must be booked with the Contest Sponsors’ representative no later than December 31, 2022 (subject to approval by the Contest Sponsors) and must be taken no later than December 31, 2023.No alcohol is included in the prize
- A “Regional” weekend getaway for the winner and up to 3 (three) guests to be booked by the Contest Sponsors
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: If you are selected as a potential Grand Prize winner, to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must:
(i) respond to the notification from the Contest Sponsors’ designated agent within three (3) business days and provide the information requested and set up a phone call within the requested timeline; (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, the required time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Contest Sponsors’ designated agent at a mutually-agreeable time; (iii) sign the official declaration of compliance and prize release form, which includes releasing the Contest Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof and return to the Contest Sponsors’ designated agent by uploading, faxing or emailing within three (3) business days of receipt of the official declaration of compliance and prize release form; and (iv) otherwise comply with these Rules.
If a potential winner of a Grand Prize fails to meet any of these requirements, they will be disqualified and forfeit the Grand Prize they have been selected as eligible to win. However, should the selected Grand Prize winner be disqualified as provided under these Rules, the Contest Sponsors may then, at their sole and absolute discretion, select by random draw another eligible entrant for the Grand Prize whom the Contest Sponsors or their representatives will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The potential winner of any Grand Prize may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of government photo identification as part of the verification process. The Contest Parties will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
Each Grand Prize winner acknowledges that the Contest Parties have not made or are not in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, condition, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in this Contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Rules and all decisions of the Contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of the Contest Sponsors or Administrator), which shall be final and legally binding on entrant in all matters relating to this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsors and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive any prize, the selected entrant will be required to sign and/or digitally accept the Contest Sponsors’ Declaration of Compliance and Prize Release form which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Parties from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use/misuse of any prize. Winners agree to the use of their name, image, likeness, persona, and city/province of residence for publicity purposes, and grants to the Contest Sponsors any and all rights to said use without further notice or compensation. The Contest Sponsors and their respective affiliates are not responsible for printing, technical errors, distribution, or production errors. The Contest Parties do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free
Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage. Moreover, as a condition of entering, entrants agree: (a) to release the Contest Parties, the Administrator, , and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Contest or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize , (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim for all such damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding legal fees and court costs. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statue prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
- EVENTS INTERFERING WITH CONTEST ADMINISTRATION:
- Termination, Modification or Suspension: The Contest Sponsors may, at their sole discretion and without liability to Contest entrants, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Contest at any time without notice in the event any of the following situations arise in the Contest Sponsors’ sole opinion: any impedance or prevention of the Contest Sponsors ability to administer the Contest as planned or intended by an event beyond the Contest Sponsors control, including but not limited to an act of God, fire, flood, natural or manmade epidemic or crisis, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, telecommunications equipment failure, utility-related disruptions, software viruses, software bugs, computer programming errors, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), any federal, provincial, territorial or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, pandemic, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within the Contest Sponsors control. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, if for any reason more entrants receive notification of eligibility to win a prize than the number of prizes stated herein, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or amend or suspend it and award only the number of prizes stated in these Rules via a random drawing for the prizes not yet distributed at the time the Contest is terminated, suspended or amended.
- Procedure upon Early Termination: In the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the prize(s) will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In no event will the number of prizes awarded exceed the available number of prizes as specified in these Rules.
- RELEASE: By participating in this Contest, all participants declare that they have read, understood and complied with the Rules, and for winners, consent to the use of their name, biographical information and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation, agree to abide by all decisions by the Contest Sponsors (which are final), and agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Parties, and each of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, professional advisors and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with participating in this Contest and/or any prize awarded. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest. Before a prize is awarded, prize winners may be required to sign a standard declaration of compliance with the Rules and release form(s) in a form acceptable to the Provincial Liquor Authorities releasing the Released Parties from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the prizes as awarded, the administration of the Contest and the selection of a potential winner.
- GENERAL: PINs obtained through unauthorized sources or which are not original or are illegible, altered, reproduced, stolen, forged, counterfeited, irregular, or that contain printing or other errors are void. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors shall be final. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, the Contest Rules, selection of the winners or the distribution of any prize. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to modify or terminate this Contest at any time without notice to participants.
- RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- RESIDENTS OF CANADA, EXCLUDING QUEBEC: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- CONFLICTS/DISCREPANCIES: In the event of a conflict between any Contest details contained in these Rules and any Contest details contained in Contest advertising materials (including, but not limited to, online, point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Rules shall prevail.
- INVALIDITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
®/MD Anheuser-Busch LLC.
RUFFLES® - Trademark of Frito-Lay North America, Inc. Used under license.